Thread: MIOPS Smart+

MIOPS Smart+

Currently trying to figure out which lightning trigger to get.

I know MIOPS smart+ should be pretty good on doing the job BUT my biggest consern is the daytime lighting. How good it is on day time.

Apparently sean has used this device atleast. So how does it work on daytime?

Hi Kari,

You may want to reach out to Sean directly. I have no experience. I have thought about getting one. As I looked into them, I came across some opinions that were pretty mixed, so I have yet to pull the trigger. This video is more focused on how to photography lightning, but it does include a few references to triggers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Tc7IE9nro

Good luck...
    Brant

There is that us made specific to lightning photography and i know it works daytime, but the price is bit salty =)

Hello Kari
    I purchased the MIOPs last summer and have had only 1 daytime photo op. The pic was taken 7/6/2019 at 406p, sunset was 825p. Settings were 1/60th ISO 320 f13. I did some minor adjustments in the usual areas; LR exposure, contrast, etc.
    Sorry if the pic isn't really sharpl, this is not in anyway the fault of MIOPs. I was trying to keep it under 195kb and it lost some sharpness, but the orig is much sharper. Hope it suffices though and helps your daytime photo question.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JV lightning-3.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	2832
    I know it's only one photo op, but I am quite satisfied w/daytime opportunities. Hopefully I get quite a few this summer.
    Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JV lightning-2.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	2831  
    Last edited by BillW; 06-22-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Got myself the miops smart plus and so far have had only 1 chance to really testi it. Not very happy yet how it works daytime but evening/night it was spot on.

Hopefully get more chances to test it out with brighter conditions.