Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yellowstone and Tetons

Colter Bay sunset

I am thoroughly enjoying all your Teton pictures. The Colter Bay shot reminded me of great times there when the kids were in elementary school, skipping rocks and looking at the Perseid meteor shower.

One of my favorite shots there was nearby to your view of Colter Bay. That was 1995, so original was on Ektachrome, but later scanned and processed digitally.
    Jackson Lake clouds by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

Thanks Danny. Glad you like the Yellowstone/Tetons series. I love the area.

Beautiful shot. Looks a bit like a painting.

More bison pics to come, but we ran across this herd on the travel day leaving Grand Teton NP. A couple of pics:

IMG_9802 by kayaker72, on Flickr

IMG_9812 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Ya know sometimes subject matter matters. I am thinking I might have 2 weeks in October to be somewhere other than Orlando and that just gives me a great idea.

My daughter and I visited a couple of summers ago, a fall trip would be very interesting.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

That area is one of my favorites. Honestly, I am still on a bit of a high. You can hit it surficially seeing attractions from the road, short walks, or add depth with hikes, trying to photograph something specific, etc.

As for October, that should be good, but I've heard they've already seen snow, so there is always that. Closer to home, I've been thinking about trips to see foliage with waterfalls in say North Carolina (Brevard/Ashville area), Shenandoah or Great Smokies NPs. October, especially late October, would be near perfect for that.

I really need to explore Yellowstone and the Tetons more. Whenever I go, I hit the basics. But, this, just off the road, just across from the south entrance, I had been in the car for awhile, saw what looked like it should be a waterfall, there was a pulloff, so....

Moose Falls:

6S0A0170 by kayaker72, on Flickr

6S0A0185 by kayaker72, on Flickr

And..the obligatory shot of Old Faithful....

Name:  TDP-9980.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  172.1 KB

While we stayed away from people in general at Old Faithful, there were some crowds there. So, we decided to hop into our "car bubble" and head to Hayden Valley to try to find bison.

I spotted one by itself in the distance, but, when I turned around, I saw four off in the distance running down the hill for a river. So, we headed back to see and got to watch a small herd of bison cross the river. Some of it I just took in, but I did snap a few pics.

IMG_0182 by kayaker72, on Flickr

I actually think the big guy is standing at this point, because as it gets a bit deeper....

IMG_0190 by kayaker72, on Flickr

IMG_0021 by kayaker72, on Flickr

IMG_0036 by kayaker72, on Flickr

IMG_0328 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Then, as most of the small herd got across the road, they took off running...

IMG_0136 by kayaker72, on Flickr

One thing, but so many cars lined up watching this, the bison actually had trouble finding a gap to cross the road. Again, I am very impressed with the animals here, as they patiently walked up and down the line until they found a gap in the cars to cross the road. One walked so close to the car with my wife in it, she snapped a pic with the window down, camera inside the car, EFS 15-85, and it is nothing but bison. Just a wall of animal (She still has it on her camera).

Anyway, love Yellowstone. Never know what you'll see.

these are all all awesome! got me itching to go get a few bison shots myself! so i did there is a small herd of them at LBJ park, i still need to work on them in post but will post them when I'm done, mind you they are not as good as these great shots!
    John 3:16
    My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/191336345@N02/
    Canon T5(1200D) Canon EF40mm f/2.8 STM, Canon EF100mm f/2.8 MACRO. Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM