Thanks for the suggestions and tips everyone! Much appreciated.

It should be a good trip. And I should have included this in my initial post, but one reason I am excited is Yellowstone allows for photographing many things, which is right up my alley. Waterfalls (), landscapes, large mammals, birds, geysers, and reflections in pools. I am planning on a little of everything. Just thinking about it, if I come back with a good shots of sunrise/sunset of the Tetons, a pool reflection, steam coming off a pool, couple of waterfalls, and a couple of mammals, I will be very happy.

The parts of my kit that I didn't mention but will definitely be coming with me include a tripod (some debate regarding my travel tripod vs my larger tripod w/ gimbal, but it will most likely be the smaller tripod), 6 stop/10 stop ND filters, CPL, shutter release, etc. I do own a monopod, but have never used it much and wasn't really planning on taking it, but I'll give that some more thought.

This might change, but mulling over the above, I am thinking:
  • My kit:
    • 5DIV and M6 II (I had been considering renting a 1DX III, and I still am, but the more I think about it, I may not want to evaluate a new camera on vacation)
    • One of:
      • EFm 11-22
      • 16-35 f/4 IS

• 24-70 II
    • 85 f/1.4 IS (a bit odd, but instead of the 70-200, and I am following Yellowstone with a trip to see family in Idaho and often end up taking a portrait or two. Plus, I could see some creative photography)
    • 500 f/4 II plus the teleconverters.

• Wife's kit (if she agrees ):
    • 80D
    • 15-85
    • 100-400 II

Thanks again...Brant