Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: R5? R6? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    Rolling shutter when using electronic shutter might cause issues for flight images.

Dave
    Agree that is a potential issue too.

twitch, half a blink in my right eye, clearing of my throat for no reason, stand up pace around the living room, quick roll of the head and shoulders.... don't, no don't reach for the laptop.... move away from the cell phone... swallow....

The GAS disease is flaring up. Just got a decent check from my last client engagement before becoming "re-employed" in a W-2 (long story and a great lesson.... for others).

Thinking of donating/selling the 1dx mk1, converting the 5d3 to full spectrum and..... R5, control and drop in filter rings, with a couple of lenses - the 135 t/s come to mind along w/ the 600/800 f11.

twitch, fidget, twitch.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    For sure, 12 fps is adequate, but this will always be your peak speed and in reality you're almost never going to get this. It's sort of like salary versus take-home pay... there are always deductions. Lens aperture, ISO, shutter speed, and focusing requirements all impact the actual frame rate you'll see in real use. I note they were seeing between 5-8 fps depending on what lens they were using. I would not be surprised with the 8 fps rate in real-life use, but 5 fps is just way too much of a hit and I hope that is just an anomaly here.
    Brant can tell you of the time I rented a Sony APC that was either 11 or 12 fps mirrorless and the 1dx was along too. The difference was pretty astounding on the sound levels. We both busted out laughing when the 1dx fired off and he couldn't here me w/ the Sony.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    The GAS disease is flaring up. Just got a decent check from my last client engagement before becoming "re-employed" in a W-2 (long story and a great lesson.... for others).

Thinking of donating/selling the 1dx mk1, converting the 5d3 to full spectrum and..... R5, control and drop in filter rings, with a couple of lenses - the 135 t/s come to mind along w/ the 600/800 f11.

twitch, fidget, twitch.
    May as well put in your pre-order .... you will have lots of time to think it over but at least you'll be in the que.

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    Brant can tell you of the time I rented a Sony APC that was either 11 or 12 fps mirrorless and the 1dx was along too. The difference was pretty astounding on the sound levels. We both busted out laughing when the 1dx fired off and he couldn't here me w/ the Sony.
    Ha ha yes the 1DX is the Harley Davidson of cameras... it's not exactly known for its stealth . That said, I've never spooked an animal because of the shutter noise.

Going to be looong august to wait my R6. Just made deal with it.....and next problem will be...600mm or 800mm
    Last edited by Karsaa; 08-03-2020 at 03:29 PM.

This is a really good review. And the camera had no problem maintaining 12 fps with BIFs, which is very nice to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5GeNH3Ip0

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    This is a really good review. And the camera had no problem maintaining 12 fps with BIFs, which is very nice to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5GeNH3Ip0
    Very positive review. Almost gushing praise.

I have a 1DX III loaner coming when I get back to NH. I have never played with a 1D body, so I am excited by that. But everything I am seeing is very positive for the R5 and R6.

One running theme I am seeing is just how good the 20 MP sensor is on the R6. Which it should be, considering it is shared with the 1DX3. It is difficult to appreciate the resolution gain going to the R5 on you tube. Gordon did have some nice displays.

Looks like some good options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was very impressed on those high iso jpg crops. Looked that r6 with 102400 was same than r5 51200. Nightime photo me is very excited to get my r6 now.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I too was impressed with the high iso performance.

It was better than I expected .... maybe the f/11 telephoto lenses make more sense than I originally thought