Thread: R5? R6? Anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So the 5 has 8 stop IBIS.
    "Stabilization gets better if you pair the in-body stabilizers with a compatible RF- or EF-mount lens."

So has anyone found the list of EF lenses that it is compatible with?
    How would this stack with the in body IS of my 500mm?
    This might be a bigger improvement and benefit to eliminate noise in low light than having the lower mp sensor. I can get my 500mm down to 1/250 before shake really becomes an issue. Getting it down even lower would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    So the 5 has 8 stop IBIS.
    "Stabilization gets better if you pair the in-body stabilizers with a compatible RF- or EF-mount lens."

So has anyone found the list of EF lenses that it is compatible with?
    How would this stack with the in body IS of my 500mm?
    This might be a bigger improvement and benefit to eliminate noise in low light than having the lower mp sensor. I can get my 500mm down to 1/250 before shake really becomes an issue. Getting it down even lower would be huge.

What are you shooting with the 500 mm lens, that would benefit from a slower shutter speed? If it's birds or other wildlife, they will need to be perfectly still to get the shot. I can see where the IBIS is a game changer for people that want to use the camera for walking around, especially with that new 100-500 RF zoom. But when you are attaching it to a big lens like the 500 f/4, you're probably using a tripod so the lens IS should be more than enough to deal with the regular vibrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    What are you shooting with the 500 mm lens, that would benefit from a slower shutter speed? If it's birds or other wildlife, they will need to be perfectly still to get the shot. I can see where the IBIS is a game changer for people that want to use the camera for walking around, especially with that new 100-500 RF zoom. But when you are attaching it to a big lens like the 500 f/4, you're probably using a tripod so the lens IS should be more than enough to deal with the regular vibrations.
    The early morning blind, big game like deer seldom moves that fast. Even the bobcats like to stop and look around. Carrying a tripod in the field is not always the best option and I seldom do.

If your maxed out in the evening or morning, an extra IS stop might get you 7 to 8 more minutes with a lower shutter speed for a shot that you normally wouldn't even try.

More IS would help in all situations where you do not have the tripod.