For what it is worth, I noticed the "heating" problem with the R5 for the first time just now. My wife informed me we needed some more pictures of our cat. From my perspective, a great chance to try out "animal eye AF" on something other than a bird. I am not sure what others do with pets, but ours do not sit still, so I am constantly trying to get them into a good position and end up taking a lot of photos. After about 500 photos in 18 minutes, I noticed the grip starting to get warm. Not hot, and had I not been aware of the issue, I might not have thought much about it. But knowing about the issue, I got out my temperature gun and sure enough, all over the body was 82-87F, even parts where my hand had not been touching.

Granted, I very rarely shoot like that. It really gets down to 2 pictures per second for 18 minutes. But there you go...

BTW...with animal eye AF, I think I may have taken some of my best pictures of our cat. I haven't looked at them on the computer, but looking at a few on the back of camera...being able to focus on composition and knowing that most of the time the eye will be in focus is very nice.