Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
The park was not packed with a crowd, he said it wasn't bad. Last report I received from him he had only seen a few bear at distance, no wolves, sheep or moose (Moose is the rare site in the park). If I had been with him and had the 500mm it sounds like there would have been little or no opportunity.

Focus on the landscape equipment, take the 500mm just in case.
This is part of what I love about Yellowstone and why we targeted it. Worst cast scenario, you still have amazing landscapes and geysers. So, if we see some bison, maybe an elk. Great. We are putting the plan together tomorrow, but the only activity that we are considering that is dedicated to wildlife would be a trip to Lamar valley. Other than that, we'll take what we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
Those images (which look great to me) range from just under 11 mp to just over 17 mp and I would be willing to bet you could get great prints from those with no problem. ( FYI the R5 in 1.6 crop mode produces 17 mp images)
Thanks. It is pretty impressive the R5 will essentially be a better version of my original 7D even in "crop mode".