Thread: Posting Images on the site

Posting Images on the site

Hi folks,

how do I post images on here? I remember there was a thread with instructions but I can’t find it.

Thanks,
    Nate

Hi Nate,

There was a thread many years ago, not sure where it is now. There are a couple of ways to post images:
    1. You can directly post a jpg image that is less than 194 KB (right around there, it might be 196 KB) directly to the post by clicking on the image icon, uploading from your computer. This creates a thumbnail that you then double click on and you select "Full size" image and then your image will be posted. Note, that it will be limited to ~1000 horizontal pixels. Due to the file size restriction, if I do this, I usually export my photos to files that are smaller than 194 KP and are limited to 1000 horizontal pixels.
    2. The more popular way to upload pictures is to link them from some other external host. I use Flickr, some people have their own websites, others use smugmug (which now owns flickr). But, I take a BBCode from Flickr and drop it into my post, and the image is imported.

Let us know if this works for you or not.

Thanks,
    Brant

Thanks Brant, I will create a flickr account.

Glad you are going to be posting again. Loved seeing your work! I use the #2 from Brants post. I have zenfolio and share the image with the BBcode and just paste it into the reply.

Good news to hear from you Nate!

I also very much enjoy your images .... in the early days of Post Your Best Bird Photos I was really inspired by your pictures!

PS I also use Zenfolio as a host site and post images here by copying and pasting a URL.