Thread: "Safari of My Life"

"Safari of My Life"

I have been watching bits of this and completed it during the rain this morning. Inspirational in a number of ways:

https://youtu.be/ugTThtin5Ng

If you want background before viewing, Klaus Tiedge was a fine art wildlife photographer out of South Africa. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and while dealing with the cancer, went back on Safari. The video is really about photography, the animals, and how we choose to live life rather than the cancer, but that is the background.

I will bookmark this and check it out!

On a similar note, an incredible movie that is well worth seeing will be included in the Banff Mountain Film Festival (being held virtually this year):
    https://www.banffcentre.ca/events/picture-his-life
    I saw it at another virtual film festival earlier this year and was utterly awestruck. For those of you into wildlife photography, it's a must see. The only catch is that it looks like it's only available in Canada. So for the few of you Canucks on this forum, be sure to rent it during the festival (or buy a pass for the whole festival --- it's always terrific). For those of you outside Canada, either use a VPN to disguise your location or watch for this movie at another venue.

Thanks for posting that Brant. I watched today and thought it was really good! I'm now watching some of the behind the scenes videos from the same documentary....

Stephen

Thanks for the recommendation Brant, it was a real nice docu to watch. Interesting how he works and how his motivation made this all possible. I like his positive mindset.

I have never been to any country on safari, but I always am a bit puzzled by how close they can get to "wildlife". The animals seem to be used to cars/people quite a bit. The deer in my local forest will run away if you get as close as 50m.

Jonathan, yours seems worth watching as well. Wow, the trailer alone.... Hopefully I'll get to see it one day.