Thread: Tips for Snow and Ice photography?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If the storm comes in like they are predicting this will be a rare event. Here in OKC they are calling for -9 F on Monday and this will be an all time any day record low (at least back to 1848). Probably the same for where you are. The weathermen in this area are usually doom and gloom and sky falling chicken littles. They are so scared of missing a bad storm they over predict. What they are calling for now sounds like a Century event.

My suggestion is you invest in a set of Carhart's and Thermals. Make sure you are prepared for power outages for a a few days. Stay warm. Our local governments are not as well prepared to handle this as those up north.

Tips for Snow and Ice photography?

thanks Brant and Jayson, the bubble pics are amazing, i may give it a try if the snow works out right and i can find a backdrop that will work for it. thanks for the how-to Jayson, i'll try it with both lenses and see what looks best.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    If the storm comes in like they are predicting this will be a rare event. Here in OKC they are calling for -9 F on Monday and this will be an all time any day record low (at least back to 1848). Probably the same for where you are. The weathermen in this area are usually doom and gloom and sky falling chicken littles. They are so scared of missing a bad storm they over predict. What they are calling for now sounds like a Century event.

My suggestion is you invest in a set of Carhart's and Thermals. Make sure you are prepared for power outages for a a few days. Stay warm. Our local governments are not as well prepared to handle this as those up north.
    thanks Rick, i never trust the weather folks much as most of the time their wrong anyway haha, it is gonna get colder though and i'm used to getting to freezing temps, not temps in the single digits! we ain't built for this haha, but the biggest concern was my water pipes and animals, but i got those handled and the animals setup too, the hardest part is going out that first time in the morning to break the ice in their waters

got plenty of food and am setup in case of power loss, my power company just trimmed the trees all along the lines a few months ago, so that helps.

Hope you and your family stay safe And warm Rick!
    Last edited by Zach; 02-15-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    John 3:16
    My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/191336345@N02/
    Canon T5(1200D) Canon EF40mm f/2.8 STM, Canon EF100mm f/2.8 MACRO. Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM