Thread: Photography in Everglades and Keys

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Photography in Everglades and Keys

Last year we had a trip planned to Costa Rica. Literally, things started shutting down the Monday before we were supposed to travel. As we were past the cancellation point at the hotel, we decided to push the trip off until March 2021 as that would be fine, right?

So, a couple of months ago we made the call to push off the hotel credit in Costa Rica until 2022. Instead, we elected to stay State-side and booked a trip to Key Largo. While both of us have received the vaccine (1st dose), we are still planning on treating this trip very similar to what we did in Yellowstone/Teton NPs last year, car bubbles, avoid crowds, no indoor restaurants, etc.

Key Largo was picked for its proximity to the Keys and Everglades National Park, as I have wanted to spend more time in the Upper Keys and have never been to Everglades NP.

Any thoughts or suggestions on places to photograph in the Everglades or Upper Keys? Gear to take (I've seen conflicting recommendations online)? Is Big Cypress worth a day or leave that for a future trip? Landscapes and wildlife will be my goals. Out of the trip, two days will be "photography" oriented with at least one of those days being dedicated to a drive to Flamingo.

BTW, I did find this previous thread.

Thanks...
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 03-09-2021 at 03:32 PM.