Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass View Post
Agreed, having 14bit is very nice at 30fps.

I really want to know how it affects birds in flight, ice skaters, events ect. I'll probably do some sports too. And while not my main stay. There is a still a choice to be made. 1Dx III or R3. I was so impressed with the 1Dx III I wouldn’t feel bad if I had to "Settle" for that because of some features.

Also, while I don't shoot continuously. I know I fill up my 1D III very easily doing stuff like that. I use a lot of little bursts and lose a lot of shots if I am not working around that. My question is will the 130/150 buffer depth of the R3 be enough? Depends on how fast it can unload. But looking at it. It does that a hot minute to do so. Again, it's one of those things I really need to just try for myself.

One of the big things I like is IBIS, almost more than anything else. So that is a pretty nice thing to have. Having a 50mm f/1.2 or a Sigma 35mm f/1.2 and IBIS. Thats pretty sick low light capability in combination with will controlled noise.
I haven't noticed any issues with BIF even with the R5, which has a much slower read rate than the R3.

537A5256 by kayaker72, on Flickr

As for IBIS with non-IS glass (Sigma 50A, 24-70 II, etc). Yep...it is nice.