I forgot to mention, this will be Canon's first Back Side Illuminated (BSI) sensor. A few other manufacturers (Sony, maybe others) introduced these a few years ago and BSI appear to give them a bit more DR/efficiency boost. Yet, the R5 came along, and it's non-BSI sensor actually outperforms the Sony BSI sensors. So, I am really curious to see the numbers and if BSI gives Canon a boost as well.

With that said, I really have no qualms with the R5 sensor. Maybe it could have a bit more highlight recovery. Maybe. I mean, I've seen that in videos, but have not experienced it personally. But my progression from the 7D, to 5DIII, 5DIV, and now the R5....really, the 5DIII sensor, as lambasted as it was, is great. I did occasionally see banding, but I think it only affected a few images. If I had issues due to something with the 5DIV sensor, I am not recalling them at this moment. And, the R5, what strikes me is how good the images are out of camera. That, and it is easier to edit the images.

What would be amazing would be an improvement in noise at higher ISO, but as all camera manufacturers are essentially converging to similar points, I am not sure that is possible. So, we'll see.

Rick...don't blame you at all for waiting on an R3, but, for what it is worth, I doubt you would have been disappointed with the R5.