Thread: Canon R3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    https://youtu.be/G6s81adlObY

What gets me is that Canon says it has better durability the 1Dx III. But in what way? The weathersealling and magnesium construction is equivalent.

Both are rated for the same temperature ranges.

Both have 500,000 shot shutter life.

So makes me wonder what is more durable then? Because that is one of the big reasons why Canon is saying the R3 is still not able to compete with the 1Dx III. Are they gonna say the electronics are more durable?

I feel like Canon essentially made a spiritual successor to the 1D like. A camera focused on speed and the R1 will be the spiritual successor to the 1Ds line for a higher resolution body. But yet they are trying to distinguish it from the 1-series level of cameras. But didn't do very good job of it. They are more similar than different. Taking away a couple of features and knocking it out of the park in every other way possible and creating game changing features and capabilities like IBIS, insane frame rate, better IQ, very likely drastically better AF ect. Things that really matter. So I don't think most people really consider that dumbing it down to 3-series body. Not in compsrison to the 1Dx III anyway.

I feel like the marketing department are not really camera people, or even enthusiast level camera people. Because anyone comparing the two, the R3 handily beats it.
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 09-27-2021 at 03:50 AM.