Thread: Canon R3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Another interesting watch, although they don't have a camera in hand. But it does give some food for thought and the one thing to note is that it is not always reaching the rated maximum 30FPS. So it has to be seen what it can do, but honestly this is the same with any camera and also depends if you prioritize in focus shots vs frame rate priority. But he makes a good point that most cameras do a realistic 20fps, or the same as the R5. And with it having probably the same basic AF system. You really have to want other features it offers and not necessarily just the 30fps, but again this is highly variable. It just reinforces why I always rent before buying something this expensive when there isn't a clear cut winner for every application.

Man, I don't remember comparing two pro cameras to be so complicated! I guess that's what happens when you try to fit a 3 series camera in between a 1 and 5 series camera with tech that is in it's infancy. And especially when it varies depending on how you shoot and what you consider acceptable. It gets messy quick.

The more I compare the two the more confused I get on which one really has an advantage overall, and the answer I keep coming to is "It depends".

https://youtu.be/6MEB45-Vnv8
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 09-18-2021 at 07:36 AM.