Those are anecdotes. Anecdotes ≠ data. There are more Sony alpha bodies for sale on my local Craigslist page than Canon DSLRs (there are more Canon items overall, because there are a lot of old film cameras for sale). That must mean more people are dumping Sony, right? I know a couple of local photographers that switched to Sony a couple years ago. One just sold her Sony gear and went back to Canon. I know about 6 local folks that switched to Fuji APS-C in the past couple of years. That must mean Fuji is better than all the other brands, right? Oh, and I know a couple of wedding shooters that switched from Nikon to Canon for the R5, 28-70/2 and compact 70-200/2.8. So overall, my anecdotes show Fuji > Canon > Sony > Nikon. But none of that matters, because anecdotes ≠ data.

Incidentally, the AP thing is a red herring. It’s about who can offer the better financial package. Reportedly many actual photographers aren’t happy using Sony but they don’t have a choice.

Really, none of this matters. If you want to switch to an A1 or a GFX 100S, go for it. If you don’t find the R3 compelling, don’t buy one. But if part of your rationale for switching is that LOTS of people are doing it so it must be a good decision, you’re using a rationale that is not supported by actual data, and is probably more confirmation bias than anything else.