So, Canon had a lot of announcements yesterday. Not only the development announcement of the R3, but also new RF lenses including the RF 100 f/2.8 macro and then the RF 400 f/2.8 and RF 600 f/4. The Big whites seem to be versions of the EF 400/600 Mk III in an RF mount. The biggest advantage I have seen go by is that you get a bit more IS with the additional communication between lens and camera body and IBIS.

The RF 100 f/2.8 macro does seem like something new. 1.4:1 macro, so it is showing images larger than the current EF version (1:1). But also "SA" control, which lets you dial in and have a level of control over the bokeh. Nice feature. I already use my EF 100 f/2.8 L as a portrait lens, so I can see that being a very nice addition.

But, at least for me...it is the rumored RF200-500 f/4 that has my attention. I have not yet bought an RF lens as I am waiting to see what Canon comes out with so I can better build my kit. If that has a reasonable weight and top end IQ (and gets released ;-)), I can see that being a cornerstone lens to a future kit.