Thread: Laguna Seca Ranch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    Really enjoying this post, and very interesting business concept. Maybe I'm just unaware, but I've not head of anything like this before.
    It really is a great business concept, at least for us consumers. Not sure how good of a business it is, but good enough that there seems to be a couple of these located in Texas, likely other locations as well. But I will do something similar again. Also, it seems like several guides take their groups to Laguna Seca. Adam Jones and Alan Murphy were mentioned, but I enjoyed the two guides we met from the Ranch itself, and Gene, our guide, was the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Not sure how good of a business it is, but good enough that there seems to be a couple of these located in Texas, likely other locations as well. But I will do something similar again.
    I only know Laguna Seca as a race track. Perhaps location is key here, if this is the same area. Photographers with a lot of high-end camera and lenses come to shoot races. These guys offer another use for that gear while you're already in town.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    I only know Laguna Seca as a race track. Perhaps location is key here, if this is the same area. Photographers with a lot of high-end camera and lenses come to shoot races. These guys offer another use for that gear while you're already in town.
    The race track is in California. This photo location is in southwest Texas near Edinburg. There are probably a lot of places using the same name which translates to "dry lagoon".