Thread: Color Calibrated Viewers--Viewing Photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ha!

Rick, that is a heckuva point and very true. While I did not mention this, part of what I noticed was that LR/Flickr were also aligning with what I saw on my phone (iPhone), and TDP, for that matter. Also, both you and Jonathan are talking about newer machines, which I suspect are in better alignment. As I haven't migrated over to my new computer, this issue is with a 10 yr old build, a 4-5 yr old monitor, and after a GPU driver update. The oddball starting in mid-summer was the "Photos" App.

This may not affect others, but I use the jpg output photo viewer as a quick check on the images and to pick between similar images before posting. For now, the Windows Photo Viewer is giving me something to work with that lines up with where I am outputting my images and the rest of my workflow.

I mostly thought it was interesting at reports that one photo viewer used the color profile to correct the images while another did not. I saw an instant difference and the fix was so simple. As I said above, when I run into an issue and find a solution that works for me, I usually post it here. The sunrise was just the image that made me look for a solution. The difference was more pronounced in images with more colors.

But you are right, we are not living in a color calibrated world. What everyone else sees will be different depending on the device they use to view the image.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 08-29-2021 at 03:03 PM.