Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • RAW

6 75.00%
  • cRAW

2 25.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RAW vs cRAW

Lol, I just realized I posted in the wrong thread! Haha, moderators, you can move this to the R3 thread.

I didn't realize you had the 1Dx III. I have owned it for 2 months plus I rented it before. I'm very impressed with it for sure. The resolution is lacking a bit for the price tag, but I don't fault it much because it is a different era of camera compared to the R3. In the DSLR world, it's simply amazing. I still am considering just getting a great condition used one depending on how the R3 performs. If it is absolutely phenomenal then I'll have to start doing a lot more photo shoots and advertise myself more.

But I'm just not sure about jumping ship to the RF mount just yet, I might just wait till the R1 comes out and few more lenses come out.

I got a $6000 hole burning in my pocket.��

Also, I agree. I think for a lot of uses the electronic shutter will be just fine. I know even the best electronic shutters can still have a bit of jello. It's pretty minimal most of the time, but for the discerning photographer I can see it being an issue. Things like the wing tips of birds in flight, baseball bat or hockey stick or puck. Things that go very quickly. Especially stock photos where the standards for artifacts can be really high. At least they were several years ago when I looked at doing it.

But I am willing to bet it is pretty well controlled most of the time and those instances you can just switch to a mechanical shutter and just be at a little lower FPS. 12FPS is still not slow and will get the job done.

I am on my phone for now. I’ll try to migrate this discussion over to the R3 thread when I have full moderation tools.

But, yes, one item canon has already been hyping is much faster read speeds (part of bsi is faster read speeds). The R5 is already good if not very good. We will see, but the R3 is likely good enough in most circumstances, even for discerning eyes. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk