Thread: RF Lenses...What's Missing??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Besides all the ones mentioned.

Canon's own version of a 100/105mm f/1.4, although Sigmas version is absolutely stunning! I have used it several times for shoots, it is on my short list of lenses to get. But Nikon has one, Zeiss has a MAGNIFICENT one abiet MF only, and Sigma has a killer one. So Canon I'm sure would do well with one.

135mm f/1.8, Sony has one and Sigma have one and they are great. I have used Sigma's version. It's fantastic, really a great lens. Have not used Canon's, but I'm sure it is a fine lens too. But either way, they need a fast 135mm. And no doubt they have one in their timeline.

200mm f/2.0 or a f/1.8, this is a must have. An absolute monster of a lens and one of my dream lenses to own. I have again used this lens, just incredible. I don't use very long focal lengths as much as say 85mm to 105mm for portraits. That tends to be my most used focal lengths, but when the shot works for a 200mm focal length. It's hard to beat a f/2 aperture. But oddly enough it makes a very cool and overkill walk around lens at the park. LOL. But the park where I am at has two home steads from the early 1900's. So there is lots of farm animals and there is two observatory towers and a board walk over part of the lake, but it's more like wetland/swamp. So lots and lots of use for a 200mm focal length.

Obviously their big white selection is thin, and I think we all know it is a matter of time before they add more to the stable.

An 11-24mm would be really nice.

An 14mm f/1.8 like Sigma has would be killer, I have tried it at the camera store. But was really impressed with it the little I had it.

And last but not least, and maybe just maybe they will make it. My most coveted lens ever, a 50mm f/1.0. I love a good 50 and a modern 50mm f/1.0 would be a lens I would buy at almost any price. The higher the price the longer it would take to convince the wifey why I need a 12k 50 prime! But their 50mm f/1.2 is truly world class for the aperture. So it's not like there is not a good alternative and I loved the EF 50mm f/1.2 to begin with. But a f/1.0, come on. You know you want one.

Some are obviously in the works, but some I wonder if Canon is listening. Have to wonder..... You listening Canon about a 50mm f/1.0?!
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 09-16-2021 at 05:51 AM.