Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Industry News...Nikon Z9

I'm guessing that the idea of a global shutter is going to go away, in place of faster read speeds on conventional electronic shutters. From what little that I know, a global shutter cannot be done without adding noise to the system.

Regarding the Z9, I'm surprised to see the price come in lower than the R3. That is quite a bold move on Nikon's part, and I think that Canon is going to have to drop the price of the R3 at least when the R1 is announced, if not sooner.

I think the justification stage for the R3 is over, we can talk all day what pro's might need. Why someone would be cool with less resolution ect.

But at 6k and as a current flagship those excuses fall apart. And when the R1 comes, it's gonna push the price to the moon.

I agree with Jonathan that the value is not there anymore and I proves my point in previous posts that low resolution is a bad marketing move for Canon at this price point.

My take is Nikon left nothing in R&D and put it all out.

A market share move. Capture as much as they can.

Why leave it in R&D when fighting for your existence?

Trying to chip into the vid market. Etc.

I agree with Jonathan, global shutter is the realm of the hyper cine cameras. With computing power they might be correcting it in post....
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Z9 looks like an R5 on steroids!!!!

A grab on market share during a rare Canon mount change, when pros might consider replacing a lot of glass with the new versions as they release, along with a body change. Smart move.

Could only be more optimal if they also released a EOS to Nikon mount converter to let them keep using their existing glass, but I think Canon would cry foul if they reverse engineered the communications to do that well.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L