Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RF 24-70mm F/2.8 L IS USM Question

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    It sounds like my debate to buy it is the same as I had with the EF 100-400 II. I gave the 100-400 I version to my brother when I bought my first 500mm. My thinking now is to upgrade to the 600mm f/4 and possibly buy the RF 100-500mm as a filler for the other ranges.
    That is my current super tele set up. A few years ago I found a really good price on a used EF version II 600 f/4 and then added the RF 100-500 when I bought the R5. I still own all my other EF lenses too and I am very happy with their performance using an adapter.

Ok, so I've decided to get the RF 28-70/2. Now I just have to find one in stock...

I am sure there is a RF 28-70/2 floating off the coast in a cargo ship just waiting to come your way.

From your keyboard to Long Beach Harbor’s eyes.

28-70 f/2 for events, indoors, portraits....24-105 f/4 for travel/landscapes.

Seems like a pretty amazing combination.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    28-70 f/2 for events, indoors, portraits....24-105 f/4 for travel/landscapes.
    Seems like a pretty amazing combination.....
    I hope it will be...I'll find out on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    I hope it will be...I'll find out on Friday.
    That didn't take long. I have heard and seen nothing but good things. Look forward to hearing about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    That didn't take long. I have heard and seen nothing but good things. Look forward to hearing about it!
    It's reasonably large, but not as unwieldy as I anticipated. A lot like the EF 11-24/4 in terms of weight, a bit beefier but it will handle well on the R3. Looking forward to actually using it!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post

I did swap my EF 70-200/2.8 II for the RF in large part for the form factor. It’s a bit better in IQ, but the difference isn’t huge.
    I went down to the local camera shop and handled the RF 70-200mm, it was nice and small but I talked myself out of it because IQ improvement probably wouldn't be significant.
    Then I went out to shoot the kids playing outside on Thanksgiving, went back in the house that night and ordered the 70-200mm and 100-500mm.
    Size does matter when it comes to carrying around lenses and chasing Grand Children.

Fed-ex tried to deliver a day early yesterday and I missed signing, should have them today.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Then I went out to shoot the kids playing outside on Thanksgiving, went back in the house that night and ordered the 70-200mm and 100-500mm.
    Size does matter when it comes to carrying around lenses and chasing Grand Children.

If it helps, the bokeh of the RF 70-200 f/2.8 is being compared favorably to prime lenses. For example.