Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post

If it helps, the bokeh of the RF 70-200 f/2.8 is being compared favorably to prime lenses. For example.
Two new lenses are setting on the kitchen counter.

The points in the video were lost on me. He was attempting to compare bokeh of a 1.2 lens to a 2.8 lens. Bokeh is created by several factors such as the separation and distance of the background and distance to the subject. It is a narrow set of circumstances that a prime lens like this is optimum. For instance I love to shoot with the 35 F/1.4 L II, but there is a narrow range that you benefit form the faster prime. Close subjects with a bit of separation and it works miracles. Outside that range the 24-70mm will perform equally well. For portraits for years I have always thought my 180mm f/3.5L Macro was the best lens, a close subject with the creamy bokeh that lens could create I thought was awesome.

Curiosity of the comparison to the old version has found its hold.
I was hoping not to do this...but now I feel compelled. I will probably be setting up a test to compare just to see if there is any major variation from my EF versions.
I bet they are similar and will not see much difference at all.

First test will be the IS, its dark outside and some indoor shooting should provide a good test tonight.