Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon 17-55 Amazon or Adorama?

Canon 17-55 Amazon or Adorama?

I have tons of money in Amazon gift cards. So I need to buy through Amazon the good thing is you can purchase Adorama through Amazon.

I went on Amazon today to buy a Canon 17-55 and they are currently our of stock. I have never purchased anything from Adorama and really do like Amazon, especially since I have prime shipping.

Anyone had any problems with Adorama? How is their return and shipping? (Only concerned because of dust, since I live in the desert.)

thanks

Re: Canon 17-55 Amazon or Adorama?

I have never had an issue with Adorama. I've bought plenty of stuff from them. Shipping has always been fine. I have never had to return anything so can't comment on that.

Adorama is a fine retailer. They're probably my second favorite photography gear source after B&H. Just dropped about $350 at Adorama in the past 24 hours, actually.

I've had to return one product to Adorama simply because the quality of the item was not very good, but that wasn't Adorama's fault. I have no problem recommending them.

I would suggest one thing, and that is make sure you use the links from this site (the review page for the 17-55) to navigate to Amazon or Adorama. That way Bryan gets credit for the sale referral, which reinforces the need for that retailer to keep advertising here, thus providing revenue for our free and happy little enthusiastforum!

That is a good idea....

Thanks for the glowing review, Keith! However, if you ever have a problem with an order from Adorama Camera - or AdoramaPix - I hpe you would contact me directly.

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Sincerely<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Oster
    <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<o></o>

<st1ersonname w:st="on"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com</st1ersonname><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]www.adorama.com<o></o>

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

Dear Sean

We appreciate your business - and of course, your great feedback.

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Sincerely<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Oster
    <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<o></o>

<st1ersonname w:st="on"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com</st1ersonname><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]www.adorama.com<o></o>

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

Also, don't forget to use Microsoft Live Search before heading over to Adorama or B&amp;H since you get 3% cash back at Adorama and 2-3% at B&amp;H from Microsoft when you enter those sites via Live Search. I don't know if it works for Amazon or not. The cash back will not show up in your purchase at the Dealer, but will show in your Live account at Microsoft. You can head over to the link below to learn more or sign up for it and it can really be of use on these larger purchases.

Microsoft Live Search

Rick

I consur that Adorama is first rate. Most of my transactions are quick and painless, but what sets Adorama apart ishow the handle the occasional hiccup. I bought a usedCanon body for my daughter last year and before it was shipped I got a call from the used department letting me know theyhad preformedsome testing and weren't completely satisfied with the operation of the body. I recommend them over-and-over due to the quality of the used equipment and the huge refurbished list.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster
    <span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Oster
    <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana;"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana;"]

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana;"]www.adorama.com

Wow! She's everywhere! (I mean that in a nice way.) I've seen her address comments on Amazon, resellerratings.com, and other places.

I'll add my praises for Adorama. I get a lot of stuff through eBay (mostly used) but, when I buy new gear, it's always from B&amp;H or Adorama, if possible, depending upon the prices, shipping, etc. Some things are available only from one or the other. (Adorama has Think Tank gear, for example, while B&amp;H has Wimberley lens plates, etc.) I, too, have Amazon Prime (free 2nd day shipping on many items bought direct from Amazon), but that seldom makes much difference. One thing that I've noticed is that Adorama charges shipping on items sold through Amazon that, if bought directly from Adorama, for the same price, have free shipping. That probably helps make up for the commission that Amazon charges. (I've even bought something from Adorama via eBay--it was used.)

One thing I found out: if you use the links from this site to Adorama, B&amp;H, or Amazon, Bryan gets credit/commissions on essentially anything you buy on that session. I use the Wish Lists to make a collection of what I want, then leave Adorama/B&amp;H, come to the-digital-picture, use the link to go to the merchant, and fill up my cart.

George Slusher
    Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
    Eugene, OR