Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
I just now started PP some of the files out of the R5. Most of what I have taken has been low light and higher ISO's.
So far I am disappointed. Noise Reduction doesn't seem to work like it once did. It cleans the picture up in the preview but when translated to JPG the noise is back and it is bad.
The JPG's out of the camera do a much better job.

With the 5Ds R LR always did a find job. I noticed Kayker's comments earlier and I wonder if I am seeing the same thing.
Sorry to hear it Rick. For right now, what I can advise is make sure both your firmware and the LR updates are all current. I haven't noticed random noise where I did not expect it lately (ISO 800 to ISO 3200). Doesn't mean I won't. If you really wanted to test this, look at the same files using DPP and then DXOPureRAW. Others that concluded it was an issue with LR/PP saw distinct differences when looking at the same files using other software, and, of course, everyone testing DXOPureRAW is giving it glowing reviews for noise reduction (I still need to test myself...just no time as of late). But, again, lately, I haven't noticed it, so I suspect some sort of update may have fixed the issue, especially as LR started offering R5 profiles.