View Poll Results: How many Megapixels is ideal for you?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20-25 MPs

0 0%
  • 25-30 MPs

3 27.27%
  • 30-40 MPs

2 18.18%
  • 40-60 MPs

5 45.45%
  • >60 MPs

0 0%
  • <20 MPs

0 0%
  • Why one? Two bodies, the R3 at 24 MP and the R5 at 45 MPs

1 9.09%
  • Why one body? I want multiple sensor resolutions and I will explain below.

0 0%

Thread: How many MPs?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I understood your post. Hypothetical is still a statement.

The comparison was about how today's 30mp bodies are at least as easy on computers if not easier than a 20mp bodies even 5 or especially 10 years ago.

And I was careful to limit my post to the lower MP bodies. Not bodies like the R5 or similar. But with the right computer it can handle them with ease. But this is an extra cost to consider.

I was saying with increased tech, higher MP bodies are becoming easier to deal with than say 5 years ago and especially 10 or 12 years ago. It reminded me of your statement, hypothetical as it may be, that higher resolution is being more feasible to deal with compared to years ago and in a way a lack of compromises. Which is just so happened to be supported by this poll. Not that this small sample is incredibly indicitive but it is an interesting thought exercise as you have said.

File size numbers are increasing, but computing power has increased as well.

But again I am not talking about super high resolution bodies. While the 40-60mp won. It's still only 5 people and still roughly only half of phototographers. There were still a lot of people that were good with 35mp or less. And this was my focus, and how it still is a bit higher than the last time this poll was take. Which also makes a neat connection of minimal compromises to higher resolution.

And of course everyone has to make their own choices.
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 01-14-2022 at 02:26 PM.