Thread: 1Dx III VS R3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I did with my friends R5. Same results.

Now, I do realize this is a very narrow circumstance with me asking a lot from the AF. 85mm at f/1.2 is EXTREMELY narrow the DOF and we are talking about a very small margin of error. Basically none.

But I agree, I have been trying to rule out things like lenses not focusing correctly or bad samples. I do not want to put something down do to it not focusing correctly.

Just for reference though, my own personal 85mm f/1.2 II is dead on focus with two 1D III's, a 1Ds III, two 1Dx III's, an R5, EOS RP, 60D.

So it's not impossible for it to not behave with a particular body. But I'm fairly confident if there is a mis focus issue it probably be with the body in question.

But the results are the same with two copies of the RF 85mm f/1.2 on two separate R5 bodies, on a R6 and RP.

Anything could happen, I won't dismiss anything.

This is a matter of millimeters. It's not like we are talking about huge differences. But it's just one of those things like you said. It could be taxing what a 5-series AF can do.

Now, I never did broad day light, it was either well lit indoors, dim indoor or cloudy outdoor with it being the last half hour of the day.

It could be in good light it performs better. But mildly dim lighting is a frequent situation for me. So not exactly usable. Part of the reason for a extremely wide aperture for me.
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 02-28-2022 at 09:16 PM.