Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 - Image of the Week #11

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Did I miss the memo. Is it Snowy Owl week?

I do have a real question, I haven't posted in a while and mine is a Flickr link. On my work computer it looks soft, but on Flickr it does not.
    How are you guys uploading yours?
    I agree that TDP "softens" images a bit. They always look sharper in Photoshop compared to the uploaded files. Maybe that is due to compression. I usually upload using a URL directed to the image in my Zenfolio account. I try to sharpen the image a bit more than I normally would but I do not resize them to 1000 pixels wide. I may try that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Ever since, I have always brought photos over here at 1000 to 1600 horizontal pixels. The forum is set up for 1000 horizontal pixels. So maybe something there.

But, like I said, looks sharp to me.
    I edited and I saved it at its largest file size on Flickr and posted to TDP. TDP downsized it but now it looks better on the TDP side to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    I agree that TDP "softens" images a bit. They always look sharper in Photoshop compared to the uploaded files. Maybe that is due to compression. I usually upload using a URL directed to the image in my Zenfolio account. I try to sharpen the image a bit more than I normally would but I do not resize them to 1000 pixels wide. I may try that though.
    It seems to me I loose something downloading even to Flickr.
    In the instance of the pic I poste the sun reflection at the tip of the beak on the computer at home is a perfect little star burst, and you barely make it out on Flickr.
    I haven't posted much online in the last few years, if I start to again I think I should switch to a different type format rather than Flickr.

I post on another forum occasionally that limits posts to 250kb and 800 pixels wide,

To achieve this I use a function in Photoshop called "Save for Web"

It is found under File > Export > Save for Web

This opens a window that allows you to easily manipulate the size and resolution of the image.

Also it seems to maintain pretty good sharpness.

It looks like last week’s submissions were kind of biased towards flying creatures ;-)
    I think there are a few really good submissions, but the one that gets my vote is the "Staring Contest" by John. I think it’s an excellent portrait of the snowy owl – a photogenic creature that I’ve (so far) never seen live.
    /Claes

Congrats John!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John 3:16
    My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/191336345@N02/
    Canon T5(1200D) Canon EF40mm f/2.8 STM, Canon EF100mm f/2.8 MACRO. Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM

Congrats John!

Beautiful image John....congrats!

Congratulations John, beautiful bird and capture.