Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R5 with RF100-500 - focus performance for BIF

Maybe it is a couple of things, but just playing with this on my R5. If I am in Auto ISO and I spin the top wheel (the one surrounding the "mode" button) it takes me out of Auto. So, spinning that top wheel overrides ISO. In the EVF, you can see "Auto" is grayed out. I still have my Mfn button programmed to open a series of adjustment options. The first one is ISO. So, when I want to adjust ISO, I hit the MFn button, and spin the top dial (near the M-Fn button) to adjust my ISO. In this instance, if I have overridden Auto-ISO by spinning the top wheel, I can hit M-Fn button once and full Auto-ISO is re-engaged.

While I currently have that feature (Dial Func) assigned to the M-Fn button, it could be assigned to other buttons as well (just tested assigning it to the set button and it worked).

Ah ha --- that is good to know. My top wheel was also set to adjust ISO. And I can see that whenever I moved it, the camera would leave Auto ISO mode and not allow me to go back. So I would have to do it by other means. My M-Fn button is programmed to switch to video mode. If I toggle that and then go back to photo mode right away, then I am returned in Auto-ISO. Nice! But even better, I decided just to eliminate the ISO adjust from the top wheel, and use it for exposure compensation instead. I love shooting in Manual with Auto-ISO. I can't think of a better way to go. And having super quick exposure compensation is also incredibly handy. So that's what I'm going with now. It suits my shooting preferences perfectly. Thanks for all this feedback!