Thread: R5- Longer term thoughts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @JH

Lol, the R1 will definitely have that cool factor. I definitely hope it still has the 45/50 MP. As has mentioned before, worst thing it hurts is file sizes but it does allow you to have more resolution and can aid with noise reduction and if you don't want or need full resolution you do have S-RAW. Besides having lots of cropping headroom which I really like having for birding.

I hope they keep it at higher resolution then I don't have to swap back and forth between bodies. I'd like to have two R1's and that be all I need. I'd MUCH rather shoot in S-RAW if I didn't need the resolution and gain the functionality of the not having to deal with two different bodies. Was doing that the other day with an amazing evening and beautiful views, and since I was trying to shoot quickly between two different bodies (1Ds III and 5Ds R) it was quite an adjustment I ended up just using the 5Ds R because I was tripping over myself and the different controls and it was easier to swap lenses. I'm sure I could get used to it, but if Canon makes the R1 with high resolution. That would be amazing and having one form factor that can do everything really well.

That's just me.
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 05-01-2022 at 08:33 PM.