Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
Wow interesting! I'm guessing that the R5 issues aren't warranty related, because they sound awfully familiar to me. But it's certainly worth confirming. Regardless, it's good to know that the technology is improving. Thanks for the feedback.
I sent the body in, got a message from Canon to call. Their initial check out showed nothing. They asked for some pics so I sent a few pics which showed how it looses focus when tracking and blows highlights occasionally. The pics were of my new Labrador pups running from shade to sun. I would randomly loose focus then it would re-acquire.

I just got it back and this is their response:
"Your product has been examined and it was found that the adjustment of the imaging sensor was out of specifications causing the auto focus to function improperly. Electrical adjustments were performed. Product functions were confirmed...."

As for the blown highlights they recommended using a set ISO as it would swap from shade to sun while running.

I doubt this does anything for the low light performance we were talking about earlier.

So the moral of the story is, if your under warranty and not sure I wouldn't hesitate.