Thread: 2022 - Image of the Week #26

2022 - Image of the Week #26

Welcome to TDP forum's "Image of the Week" competition. Each week photographers may submit their images for the title of "Image of the Week." Weekly winners will then compete on a monthly, quarterly, and in our annual poll for the title of "TDP Forum Image of the Year."

• Week 26 entry period will be from Monday, June 20th through/including Sunday June 26th.
    • Please provide a title for your image.
    • This is an open competition for landscape, portrait, architectural, macro, or any other appropriate photographic style.
    • Images should have been either recently taken or processed.
    • Enter as many times as you would like.

This week will be judged by DavidEccleston.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 06-23-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Garden from Monet's window

Monet's garden at Giverny

Some more from my visit to Jasper National Park that I'm just getting to.........

Cute

Not so cute

Doesn't Care

Danny:

I love the concept of the first shot, with the window framing, but the strong foreground blur breaks it, IMO.

The second shot looks like an illustration from an old children's story. Something unexpected occurs in that clearing, I just know it. The foreground is a touch OOF again, but not so strongly as the first shot.

Jonathan:

You didn't just get around to processing these. You held onto critters until I was judge again, didn't you.

The Pika is cuter than ever with his little grass bits. You nailed focus too. But, as I picked your last Pika, you must know that you can't get two in a row. Nice try though. He's really really cute.

The bear shot isn't doing anything for me. He's there, but not doing anything of interest as far as I can tell. Just a fuzzy dark oval with a face. He's half lost to shadow. You nailed focus again. The most impressive part is the lack of camera shake with a bear staring you down (I think the tripod gets some credit there, but you had to setup the tripod with a bear present, so you get some points too).

The marmot is great. Off centred framing, looking alert, nailed focus....But not a cute or impressive enough subject to claim wall space or repeated viewings.

This week goes to Danny's Monet's Garden, for evoking a feeling of an old children's book drawing.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

David - I can't argue at all with your choice! That Monet garden shot is truly sublime. I knew it was a bit of a lost cause to throw a handful of critters at it, hoping to compete. And thanks for your detailed feedback. My bear shot was taken from my car window, handheld. I actually really like the side light, and in my view being "half lost to shadow" is a feature, not a bug . But that's what's cool about photography (and all art!) --- everyone has their own taste. I won't let the marmot know that he's playing second fiddle to the pika in the cuteness orchestra, but secretly I have to agree completely with you. Thanks for judging, and congrats Danny!

Thanks! Giverny makes a lovely side trip from Paris, if you ever have a chance to go.