Thread: Benro motorized tripod head

Benro motorized tripod head

Ok so I am way more than curious.

Between the canon mobile app and the connectivity of the tripod head.... Am I seeing pan/tilt remote shooting???

My not at all friendly neighborhood wood duck requires a pre dawn blind set up and patince that would try job. It appears I could run this from a far more comfy location after setting it up (pre dawn is fine, it is the sitting for hours that kills me).

The other is astro work. I have been pleasently stunned at the results of my cheapo russian 1200, having a head that tracked celestials would take everything a couple of levels up. Nevermind all the regular stuff this type of head would do for time lapse etc.

Thoughts????
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Do you mean this one? https://www.benro-polaris.com/

It looks quite promising. Being a relatively new product, I'm going to guess there will be a few bugs to work out. But it could be really good in a number of situations like you're describing.

Yep that is the one....

Ok...this does look cool. I did a quick search for specs primarily focusing on how much weight it can hold. I didn't find anything, but a video on astro photography I watched showed great videos and referenced being able to mount a 200 mm lens. So, this may be mostly aimed at lighter wide angle lenses, but still, great to have as an option. More expensive than a Star Adventurer, but it also does more.

I thought i saw 7 kg or a little over 15 lbs
    Last edited by Busted Knuckles; 10-11-2022 at 11:30 PM.