Thread: What was old is new again: Analog (film) cameras.

What was old is new again: Analog (film) cameras.

Thought this was fun, but I just came across the fact that Leica is producing analog cameras again. The M6 was recently announced (reannounced?). Brand new for 2022. But, according to what I watched, they are even using some of the same machinery that was used in the 1980's. This led me to the page I link above, and apparently there are already M7 analog cameras out there, with the M6 being fully mechanical. They also say, this is not a limited edition run, this is the camera back in production.....and....

Leica expects demand to exceed that production.

So, if you have an extra $5k sitting around, not including lenses, you have another option on how to spend it
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 10-26-2022 at 01:39 PM.

This is probably a good niche market for Leica, I don't think it'd be high volume, but enough to be worth their while.

Dave

My suspicion as well. But, both online and walking into my local photography store, I have been impressed with the amount of focus on film. Definitely a real resurgence. I was wondering when someone would start manufacturing film cameras again with used film cameras going for >$3k, it was a matter of time.

Anyway, if I were to pick up a Leica, I'd probably go with the M11. But if I am going to drop that type of money, there are other priorities.