Thread: Transitioning to RF?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Pro: If you sell your EF lenses now, to fund these, more people will be interested than when everything is RF mount.
    A good point. At a minimum, I really should take a look at my little to not used lenses. Granted, that may only be one or two lenses as I actually use or want to keep most of my lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Con: If you have a mix of EF and RF bodies, new lenses won't work on the other bodies.
    Yep. This is in play, currently I still have the M6II and 5DIV that can also use the EF lenses. My overall plan is to never completely sell off my EF lenses as I plan to keep my 5DIV. Safe been the EF 24-70 II will never be sold, same may be true of the 100-400II. Nice basic kit there even if I move to RF with everything else and even duplicate those lenses in RF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    I use the EF 16-35 f/4 on my R5 and like it a lot. It's a bit big, especially with the adapter on, but I'd have a hard time justifying the swap to RF.
    Exactly. Great lens. It does what I need perfectly. Looks like they are selling for $500-$600 on ebay. So, I'd invest $800 and time to sell the EF 16-35.

More and more, I am beginning to wonder if I will stay primarily EF for a long time. Maybe augment with a RF lens if something really catches my eye. I may have said this before as I have been thinking it for awhile now. But what really is a pretty good sale on those two lenses had me thinking again as sometime in the next couple of years is when I thought I would transition...
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 11-27-2022 at 01:02 PM.