Thread: Most user friendly/high quality large format printer?

Most user friendly/high quality large format printer?

I have been using an older Epson Stylus Pro 3880 but it's getting nearly impossible to deal with ..... have to feed a sheet of paper in at least 6 times before you don't get a skew error and the print head is leaking when I use the glossy Photo Black.

I print up to 16x20

Looking for recommendations on the quality but also ease of use and functionality

Thanks for any suggestions!

PS: I have a pretty big supply of expensive Epson paper :-(

Not sure this is the answer you're after, but we used our Pixma Pro 100 so infrequently that I've come to accept that ordering a large print when I need it is cheaper than owning and maintaining my own printer.

My 2015 spreadsheet of paper/ink costs that I made shows that a 13x19 glossy print would cost me ~$5 to print at home. A 12x18 print was $9 to order from Poster Jack (it's now $12). Add in costs of the printer, redoing misprints, etc... it just wasn't worth it. The benefit of owning the printer is really if you're printing in volume or need prints quickly.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

I would like an answer to the same question. If you find out let us know.

So far, reading bunch of reviews., perhaps the Canon ProGraf 1000 is the answer as far as easy and reliable paper feeding is concerned .... it's somewhat expensive and with 12 cartridges the ink cost may be a deal breaker!

May have to limp along with my old Epson a bit longer

I had the Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II and 9500 Mark II. The 9000 held 8 cartridges and was excellent with Glossy prints and they glossy's were better than the 9500's. The 9500 held 10 cartridges and had as a description similar to the ProGraph. It was better with the fine art paper and black and whites. Glossy was just ok.

I have a felling the ProGraf 1000 would be like the 9500. You have to read between the lines sometimes with Canon advertising.

Also $699 for a replacement set.