Hey everyone, it's been a while. Nice to see there are still some familiar faces around despite these boards not being as busy as they once were.

I used to frequent here years ago but slowly drifted away as life happened. Got out of the military, started a family, all that jazz.

Anyway, I have recently considered upgrading my kit after having my 5D Mark III for just over a decade now, and while perusing Bryan's reviews of the newer RF lenses, I was reminded of this board and decided to stop by.

I was hoping to see if anyone here has made the jump from the 5D to the R5. I imagine it will be nothing but an improvement across the board, but I wanted to hear it first hand from real life people and not paid reviewers.

Currently I am considering selling all of my kit aside from the 35mm f/1.4L II and 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L II and purchasing an R5 with the 24-105mm f/4L and an EF lens adapter. Maybe a battery grip as well, but I haven't used one of those since I had my T3i.

The kit I would be selling is a 5D Mark III, 24-105mm f/4L, 85mm f/1.8, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, and some other assorted accessories like a 320EX, RSS plate, remote shutter, etc. Hopefully I'll get fair prices on those to take some of the sting away from the cost of the R5.

It's nice to be back, looking forward to any responses.