Thread: Making the Jump to Mirrorless

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I shoot CRAW most of the time and I use inexpensive SD cards ..... they are a bit slower but that hasn't been a limiting factor for me. I just have trouble seeing the value in CF Express Type B cards to make them worth the expense, lol. If I were shooting professionally I might think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    I shoot CRAW most of the time and I use inexpensive SD cards ..... they are a bit slower but that hasn't been a limiting factor for me. I just have trouble seeing the value in CF Express Type B cards to make them worth the expense, lol. If I were shooting professionally I might think differently.
    I always prefer writing images to two cards. Failures happen (not to me yet, fortunately). But just like I back up my computer regularly, I prefer having two copies of a photo from the moment I take it.

Not possible with the R8 which I took to Italy recently, in that case I copied the files off the SD card each night (to the 13" MacBook Pro I brought with me, and from there to a USB flash drive as well, the latter to guard against loss/theft).

My experience mirror yours, I haven't lost any images and when on a trip I also download CRAW files nightly and copy to external drives.

Actually when I used dual cards in the past I would usually set them to just switch when one was full rather than record the same images to both.

I have never filled up a 128 gB SD card in one day.