I haven’t seen it go by, but I haven’t looked recently either. Even the M6II has a pre buffer mode (RAW burst if I remember correctly). Anyway, classic canon, they are beta testing on their lower end models and “the best” makes it into the top end.

I say Classic Canon as there seem to be two philosophies in play…Sony leads in specs and introduces new tech/specs in their higher end gear. Canon introduces new tech in lower/mid gear. The top end typically only includes features that are rock solid dependable.

Btw, watched a video, A9 III hit buffer before my 2 Mississippi count. I’d say 1.6 -1.7 seconds or so. With writing to card, I am guessing it is 8 GB of RAM onboard the A9 III. Still impressive. But typical CFE Type A card write speed will limit you to “only” ~12-15 fps after that. So a great feature for certain instances where you can burst, wait for buffer to clear, burst again. And, considering having to sort 120 fps, maybe that is all you want.

But that buffer will still be very useful if someone sets the fps to 30, 50, etc.

Big picture, these are features I am glad to see out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk