Thread: Wandering the Western U.S.

Wandering the Western U.S.

This is an invitation to live/enjoy vicariously.

After the eclipse I will be hanging w/ the new grand baby in Las Vegas until April 29 and the begin the wandering in the west phase of my semi-retirement.

I have a pretty much self contained motorhome - it is NOT an offroad motorhome, but boondocking/dry camping capable - towing my Jeep Gladiator is indeed an off road machine....

I have had my experience w/ driving the motorhome in the mountain passes in the snow storms and really will do almost anything to avoid it.

My goal is altitude and latitude that fits a 70f/21c average temp (+/- 15f/10c) temp profile in my travels.

So 'leaving Las Vegas' May 1st, where would you go 1st. There are sooooooo many options. Would love to get to Banff/Jasper as the most northern point in this summers wander. To take the pressure off of the pace, plan "A" is to do this every summer for the next 3 years. 3rd year might be the Candian Maritimes vs the west.

The southern return to FL will likely follow the color change of the leaves int he fall.

Lets have some fun and guests are aways welcome on this journey if you are so inclined.

Mike aka Busted Knuckles.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Wow congrats on these fine events! It sounds like 2024 has a lot in store for you. For sightseeing, the whole west coast is pretty fantastic. I've seen only a small part of it, but Big Sur, the sequoias, Oregon coast, etc. are absolutely mind blowing. Point Reyes seashore (north of San Francisco) is terrific for photography. Lots of great wildlife, especially bobcats. In my neck of the woods, Banff & Jasper in the summer are crazy busy of course, but if you plan ahead you can get to the prime attractions with shuttle buses. June is also a great time for bears.

Thanks, thinking that I will go north from Vegas western slope until the U.S. boarder and then make a decision on the return either west coast or eastern slope or great lakes region.

Would be great to be in your neighborhood and catch up in the middle/late summer.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911