Thread: "Canon Recertified"

"Canon Recertified"

Way back on Tuesday, March 31 2009 at 5:19 AM Helen Oster said that it would happen, and it finally did! I did my usual morning search at [url="http://www.adorama.com]www.adorama.com[/url] with thecriteria "Canon Refurbished" which yielded one result. Since I pretty much do this daily I was quite confused as I usually peruse a list of about 50+ items. Then I remembered Helen's [url="/forums/t/891.aspx?PageIndex=1]thread[/url] and tried searching on "Canon Recertified" which came back with what I was expecting, [b]We found <span id="ctl00_RecordCount2_ctl00_Label1"]50 Results for "Canon Recertified"[/b].

So Helen, will it be this way going forward?

Re: "Canon Recertified"

Aha! - Just like "used" became "pre-owned" in the auto industy...

An update (please don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.......)

Refurbished by Canon items purchased AFTER 1st May 2009, will now carry a 1-year return-to-Adorama warranty, rather than a 90-day warranty.

........and for some reason, this means we can revert to advertising items as refurbished - rather than recertified.

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Sincerely<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Oster
    <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<o></o>

<st1ersonname w:st="on"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com</st1ersonname><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]www.adorama.com<o></o>

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

Sheesh.... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster

An update (please don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.......)

Refurbished by Canon items purchased AFTER 1st May 2009, will now carry a 1-year return-to-Adorama warranty, rather than a 90-day warranty.

........and for some reason, this means we can revert to advertising items as refurbished - rather than recertified.

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana;"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana;"]

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana;"]www.adorama.com
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I don't know how or what happened, but that is some substantial progress and great news from you Helen!

Rick

Thanks Helen!

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster

<p style="CLEAR: both"]
    <p style="CLEAR: both"]From the Adorama site:

<p style="CLEAR: both"]"90 day Adorama Warranty"
    <p style="CLEAR: both"]When will the website update Helen?

Back in my days of full time sports shooting, I would routinely purchase Canon refurbished lenses from B&amp;H (no offense Adorama). I NEVER had ANY problems with my lenses and paid 1/3 of the retail value. The warrenty was only 90 days, but when you can purchase $4000-$6000 big glass for $2000-$3000, it's hard to resist. As far as quality...it was explained to me by CPS that a refurbished lens is dissasembled, inspected, assembled, adjusted, tweaked, and tested again for quality. In essence, the refurbished lenses are better and more reliable due to stricter "hands on" quality assurance. But that's been MY experience. I mean, were not talking about already cheap plastic vaccuum cleaners from the online shopping network. Were talking about precision instruments.