PDA

View Full Version : New Website

mattsartin
07-25-2009, 12:45 PM
I just launched a new website, i would love to know what you guys think of it if you have time to check it out. Its nothing to fancy, my budget is non-existent, so i did what i could with what i had. thanks in advance!

mattsartin.shutterfly.com

hotsecretary
07-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Looks good, I just can't stand "free" hosts that spam you with ads :)

Not sure about the free wordpress on limits, but its' another option ;) That's the backend of my site.

But some nice photos up there.

alexniedra
07-25-2009, 05:26 PM
I had a joy visiting the site. I love the images.

Well done!

mattsartin
07-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks, i really appreciate the feedback [:D]

Madison
07-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Nice work, but for a commercial photographer I'd expect an ad free website to be honest.

The whole 'build YOUR free website' stuff is distracting and cheapens it a bit, which is a shame because some of your work is very very good.

It may be better (for your image as a photographer) to make something like this, without the ads and a tiny bit less generic.

But it's still a good effort. In the end your portfolio is what sells and there is some great stuff in there.

Julius
09-07-2009, 09:29 AM
I agree...an ad free website is so much cleaner. I had a friend in Canada design my website and although I am not in it for the money, my friends enjoy the "clean look".

clemmb
09-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I had a friend in Canada design my website and although I am not in it for the money, my friends enjoy the "clean look".
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

My cusin built my website. After being up for 5 years it got exploited. Now trying to get it off Googles black list is very difficult.[:$]

Mark

lculpin
09-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I would also highly recommend wordpress, other than having to find somewhere to host it it's free and there's LOADS of free user-created content (themes, plugins, etc etc) if you don't have the time/knowledge/$$ to make stuff from scratch.

crosbyharbison
09-07-2009, 04:58 PM
I would also highly recommend wordpress, other than having to find somewhere to host it it's free and there's LOADS of free user-created content (themes, plugins, etc etc) if you don't have the time/knowledge/$ to make stuff from scratch.
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Wordpress is great now. I didn't have such a great experience 2 years ago but its a different story now. So see an example you can take a look at mine http://www.crosbyharbison.com/blog/ ("http://www.crosbyharbison.com/blog/)

In the next update they're going to make inserting multiple images into posts a lot easier and faster which would be great for my photoblog.

Depending on what server you host it on its pretty intensive and isn't as fast as a static webpage.

District_History_Fan
09-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Looks pretty good. I'd drop the "amateur" in the "about me" section though. Best wishes on your business.

crosbyharbison
09-07-2009, 10:56 PM
forgot to mention your photos are pretty awesome :D