Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Website

New Website

I just launched a new website, i would love to know what you guys think of it if you have time to check it out. Its nothing to fancy, my budget is non-existent, so i did what i could with what i had. thanks in advance!

mattsartin.shutterfly.com

Re: New Website

Looks good, I just can't stand "free" hosts that spam you with ads

Not sure about the free wordpress on limits, but its' another option That's the backend of my site.

But some nice photos up there.

I had a joy visiting the site. I love the images.

Well done!

Thanks, i really appreciate the feedback []

Nice work, but for a commercial photographer I'd expect an ad free website to be honest.

The whole 'build YOUR free website' stuff is distracting and cheapens it a bit, which is a shame because some of your work is very very good.

It may be better (for your image as a photographer) to make something like this, without the ads and a tiny bit less generic.

But it's still a good effort. In the end your portfolio is what sells and there is some great stuff in there.

I agree...an ad free website is so much cleaner. I had a friend in Canada design my website and although I am not in it for the money, my friends enjoy the "clean look".

Quote Originally Posted by Julius

I had a friend in Canada design my website and although I am not in it for the money, my friends enjoy the "clean look".
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

My cusin built my website. After being up for 5 years it got exploited. Now trying to get it off Googles black list is very difficult.[:$]

Mark
    Mark

I would also highly recommend wordpress, other than having to find somewhere to host it it's free and there's LOADS of free user-created content (themes, plugins, etc etc) if you don't have the time/knowledge/$$ to make stuff from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by lculpin

I would also highly recommend wordpress, other than having to find somewhere to host it it's free and there's LOADS of free user-created content (themes, plugins, etc etc) if you don't have the time/knowledge/$ to make stuff from scratch.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Wordpress is great now. I didn't have such a great experience 2 years ago but its a different story now. So see an example you can take a look at mine http://www.crosbyharbison.com/blog/

In the next update they're going to make inserting multiple images into posts a lot easier and faster which would be great for my photoblog.

Depending on what server you host it on its pretty intensive and isn't as fast as a static webpage.

Looks pretty good. I'd drop the "amateur" in the "about me" section though. Best wishes on your business.