Thread: 5D MkII Err 80

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

5D MkII Err 80

Anyone ever get this? I got it today. A search on the web says it is a shutter issue but i got it reviewing my images long after the shutter was last fired. It locked up with one image on the LCD and wouldn't turn off so I removed the batter, remove the CF card. Charnged CF cards and put the batery back in, turned it on and everything seemed ok.

I am thinking it was my new Sandisk 16mb UDMA5 card. This is the replacement card to the one I got a couple weeks ago that had the rattle. All my images were fine, but I'm a little sketched out.

Re: 5D MkII Err 80

You might want to have a back up card just incase your sandisk gives you trouble in your upcoming photoshoots. It would be terrible to lose a whole days work because of a card!

John.

It is definitely the card. I was shooting images just testing it and then scrolling through them and it would freeze it up every time. The only variable was how long it. Sometimes it would take viewing 10-15 images sometimes on the first. On the last time the card totally blanked.I switched to another card and no problems.Thank goodness that happen earlier in the day when I was shooting a paid event.

This one is going back too and no more Sandisk for me.

Wow that really sucks Keith...2 cards in a row...

Are you sure you're seller isn't selling faulty cards which other people traded in? [:P]

Glad I never experienced problems with Sandisk... although it seems like your card could also be a little on the small side for your 5D [] Anyway hope you get more lucky with your next purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

Wow that really sucks Keith...2 cards in a row...

Are you sure you're seller isn't selling faulty cards which other people traded in? [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Glad I never experienced problems with Sandisk... although it seems like your card could also be a little on the small side for your 5D [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img] Anyway hope you get more lucky with your next purchase.

Yeah I know. They came from Best Buy. Both were factory sealed in plastic. Probably a fluke, but that is all it takes sometimes. I may try one more though. I'll give them 3 strikes.

I remember thinking that an 8 gig card was plenty, but I shot 700 images today, filled 2 8gb cards and had to dump one of them once.

It appears third time may be a charm. Swapped it out today and shot some shots, scrolled through them and no issues.

Great news Keith!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B
    I remember thinking that an 8 gig card was plenty, but I shot 700 images today, filled 2 8gb cards and had to dump one of them once.

Yeah I still have two 8GB cards, but with the coming of my 5D I really needed something bigger. 32GB sandisk extreme card works like a charm to me and believe it or not, I have filled it up on 1 day already [A] Was amazed that the battery lasted that long [H]

Thats a bit unusual. There are lots of counterfit cards on the market. Make sure you get them from a authorized dealer. My sandisk 16MB card that I bought from amazon.com is perfect.