Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Your Opinion Regarding Additional Forums

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need Your Opinion Regarding Additional Forums

Some of the most popular threads have been the "Post Your ________ Shots" in the "Image Critique" and "Show & Tell" Forums. So, I'm asking - Would you like subject-specific sub-forums added to one or both of these forums? Or would your rather continue with thesubject-specific threads within the existingforums?

If adding new sub-forums, should they be added to the "Image Critique", "Show & Tell" or both forums?

If adding new sub-forums, which specific forums should be added? Portraits/People and Nature are two of thepopular subjects for us.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Bryan

Re: Need Your Opinion Regarding Additional Forums

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 6pt;"]

<span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 11pt;"]Bryan,<o></o>

<span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 11pt;"]Some of the other forums have too many sub-categories. My vote is to keep is simple, technical issues and show your photos works for me.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 11pt;"]Bob<o></o>

I cast my vote with Bob.

Ditto with the other two posters. KISS is nice.

Larry

Add another ditto to the pile... keep it simple.

I like the idea of sub categories. It's a little silly (though it works fine, and I have no real problem with it) having a single thread for all nature photos. Making sub categories such as "portrait", "nature", "macro", "sports" etc. seems to make a lot of sense.

I tend to read the site by going to the "Latest Forum Posts" page, so any separation of into sub forums would make no difference. I find that most sites with dozens of specialized forums can be rather annoying to navigate, and a pain read about everything you're into... I guess it really depends on how high the site traffic is. Right now I don't see a need for specialization based on volume of traffic here.

On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

I much prefer the simpler approach, but for the Nature category I wouldn't mind seeing 2 sub-settings, e.g. wildlife (just animals) and landscape (wide angle to macro).

Regards

Bill

As this evolves I think there will be a time to branch out, for now it's fine.

There are 2 things I would like, I would like 10 topics shown vs 5 topics on the Browse Discussion Page. Second, I would like a page navigation object at the top of a page in addtion to the bottom of the page. If I open a discussion of 5 pages, I have to scroll to the bottom of the screen thread to select a new page number or the next page. I would like to have the ability to do that at the top as well

i wouldn't mind seeing two sub-folders, one for show and tell, the other for Q and A