Thread: Illustrator

Illustrator

I realize this is a photography community but I'm guessing that some of you also do design work? Maybe not. If you do, could you point me in the right direction for some tutorials or a site like this one for using Adobe Illustrator? I have Illustrator CS so I'm not sure how applicable a site on CS4 would be but I'd be happy to see those too.

Thanks,

Rodger

Re: Illustrator

Try

http://www.kelbytraining.com/

awsome site, great info, only 19.95/month

I haven't been there in ages, but Illustrator World used to be pretty good. For tutorialsVectorTuts is also really good.

Illustrator hasn't changed a whole lot. They have added some bells and whistles and for you basic illustrating needs it will be the same. The biggest thing is the 3d effects you can add to objects. It isn't a function I use a whole lot.

So you could probably just go to adobe's site and read/watch the tutorial for CS4 to learn quite a bit about CS for free.

Thanks everyone! I have a feeling Illustrator's learning curve will be bigger than photoshop's. At least it's summer!

Illustrator skills will greatly improve your Photoshop skills. Using them together can be advantageous. I always do all my text in Illustrator because PS text controls are clunky at best. Leaning to draw with the Bezier (pen) tool in Illustrator will make you quite the clipping/masking artist in PS.

Plus once you are able to move to newer versions Illustrator Smart Objects used in Photoshop open up all sorts of possibilities. I started with Illustrator, and it certainly does have a steep learning curve, but it's worth it in so many ways.