Thread: Help for Tripod & Monopod Suggestions (ref my gear)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help for Tripod & Monopod Suggestions (ref my gear)

Currently looking for new tripod and monopod with quick release head. I would like to have light and small size, so I can carry around.

At moment I am using MANFROTTO 725B (which good size for me), but cannot handle the weight and not stable enough. Gear I am using now:

Body: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 500D (both with battery grips)

Lens: Canon 16-35 f2.8 L USM II, 17-40 f4 L USM, 24-70 f2.8 L USM, 24-105 f4 L IS USM, 70-200 f4 L IS USM, 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM and 50 f1.8 II (in future may looking to buy 200 f2 L IS USM)

Flash: 580EX II, 270EX

Normally I shot landscape, people, wildlife, bird and sport

Interest in Gitzo or other similar quality

Thanks !

Re: Help for Tripod & Monopod Suggestions (ref my gear)

I plan on purchasing a FEISOL CT-3342. Check out their other offerings here.

I was turned on to these guys from other forum members. There are a few FEISOL owners among us and, like me, there are somepending FEISOL owners as well. From what I have read/heard they put out a quality product at prices that are hard to compete with.

Re: Help for Tripod & Monopod Suggestions (ref my gear)

Vince.....Gitzo tri, e.g. 3530, the Gitzo mono, e.g. 5541 and an Arca-Swiss ball and head, e.g. Z1.

Also before you purchase the 200 f2 L IS, this is if you want to get serious about wildlife and birds....200 isn't enough reach....purchase the 500 f4 L IS. A spectacular lens for wildlife and birds. But this purchase will lead to purchasing the Wimberly Tripod head ll...excellent for tracking birds in flight.

Good luck