Thread: Think Tank at it again.....

Think Tank at it again.....

I may have skipped over this sometime when looking, but finally, a backpack with the accessability of a belt system without the pain/annoyance of a sling bag.

http://rotation360.com/

Re: Think Tank at it again.....

I'm not sure I get their angle. The guy's holdinga camera with a Big L zoom attached to a monopod and rotates the waist bag around and is grabbing another camera with a wide angle zoom. Now what? He's going to take a picture left handed with the wide? Edit: woops, it's not on a monopod it's on a strap hanging around his neck. I guess he'll just drop it to the side to use the wide. Then there's another shot showing the same wide hanging by a strap on his back. So, why does he need the waist bag?

I have a Slingshot 200 AW. It is hardly a pain or annoyance. It's downright genius. The bag you've linked to would not serve nearly the same purpose as a slingshot.

Example: I went to an airshow with my Dad, my two youngest boys and my little niece. With the slingshot, I could carry a 40D with a 70-200 f2.8 L mounted and a 5D with a 17-35 f2.8 L mounted and use either without having straps on them. I absolutely hate camera straps. The bag was in front of me some of the time, but when I was on boarding a plane with the kids, I'd just put the 40+70-200 inside, zip it up, sling it around and shoot with the wide angle. All of this, taking place while standing on the tarmac. I'm not sure how you'd do this with the rotation 360.

I find the bag to be extremely convenient. I've had it for over two years now. Have yet to see a better idea.

Now, for females with better than an A cup I will not speak. They may like therotation360 better.

Re: Think Tank at it again.....

For two camera setups (concerts and weddings mostly) the BlackRapid Double Strap is the way to go... I've also got a Shootsac for holding extras lenses and flashes, and I've got a left-leg GrabIt Pack on the way for the smaller stuff (and my cell, ipod, etc).

ThinkTank DOES have some great stuff (especially if you're taking your gear on a plane) and the Rotation360 is kinda a cool concept, it just looks too cumbersome for me.... I just don't really see the real-world applications for it that can't be serviced by a combination of other items that are better (and likely less expensive).