Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lenses for sale...and call me NUTZ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

lenses for sale...and call me NUTZ

I have a few lenses for sale on Ebay if anybody is interested. they are all great lenses, and some will call me silly, and yet others will say about time. Under the name Velozct, located in Scotts Valley, CA. here goes.....

1. 135L...an absolute gem and in PERFECT condition

2. 200 2.8LII...new lens comes w/everything(used a few times)

3. 70-200 f4IS..my favorite, and in fantastic shape

and now you might really call me NUTZ...one of my customers let me borrow his 1D3...WOW!!! Love the feel, the weight, the handling...everything about it. Now I know that the 1D4 is around the corner(who's corner is the question), but not sure I could afford it right now anyways. Would I be absolutely outta-my-gourd....to buy this camera. the kicker is this...And get rid of my 5D2??!! I would really like some honest opinions. I know the 3 is only 10.1mp, vs. my 21, but the shots I took looked really good, and even compared really well at ISO 3200. The only negative, to me, really, is the LCD on the 3. I'm so used to 930 dots...the one really saving grace is that I have found some, what looks like some reputable used 1D3's on Ebay for decent prices. Would I be NUTZ ??? you tell me....

Re: lenses for sale...and call me NUTZ

Yes you are []. I would not give up glass over a body, but if it makes you happy go for it. []

I actually forgot to mention that I am not giving the glass up for the body....no way would I do that!!! I'm condensing....and getting the 70-200 2.8IS. But am I NUTZ for wanting the 1D3??

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif';"]I don't think your "nutz" for wanting a 1D at all! it is a magnificent camera. I use it as my primary body, it will do everything that I ask it to do. A great deal of my shooting is sporting / action so the frame rate is a must. I don&rsquo;t own a 5DII but I did own an original 5D, the 1DMKIII took a better picture so I sold the 5D! I didn&rsquo;t even mention focus, build quality, etc.The 1 series is in a different class (obviously).Just my humble opinion - GET A 1! You won&rsquo;t be sorry!<o></o>

thanks for the opinion, Chad. I almost totally have to agree. Although the 5D2 does take awesome pics.....the 1 just really felt, well, like a 1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chad

<span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black;"]the 1DMKIII took a better picture so I sold the 5D!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Better pictures in terms of shooting sports or all around. I shoot with a 5D but have been interested in a 1Dmk3 for a second camera.

Mark
    Mark

I love my 5D2...it takes great pictures...I even use the outer focus points more often than I use the center, with great results...especially with my Sig 50 1.4. sure I get a few hits and misses, but I think at 1.4 that's bound to happen 'cause the dof is so shallow. I like the idea, though of more focus points, and be able to customize them to mu liking. Plus, to be able to shoot fast moving things(my 2 yr old), and others, would be a boon to my photography. Not to mention, being able to shoot portrait without having to crank my arm!!! I guess I could just get the battery pack, but it is really expensive, and I have heard that it's not like having a 1, gets kinda loose...etc. After shooting with it(the 1D), then grabbing my camera, I was like...Whoa!! I don't know.....but I do have my panties all in a bunch, though!!

The thing is price I would love a 1Ds!!! But ya, for the price tag and having a g/f who knows your finances and doesn't have a ring on her finger yet.. It's not going to happen []

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif';"]In my opinion the 1dMKIII is a better camera ALL AROUND than the original 5D. It should be. It is a newer camera with the benefits of Canons advancements in Noise, Color Depth, Color Accuracy, etc. My 5D was a wonderful camera, it was capable of fantastic images. After switching to the 1D I found less and less use for the 5D for my style of shooting. I'm sure as technologies advances 3 years from now we can have a similar discussion about the new " ________ ", being a better camera than the 1DMKIII. it is just how product advancement goes. And lucky us! I can only imagine what we will have in 10 years, 15 years, beyond...<o></o>

KEH has two 1D-MK3's for $3249

I have found them to be honest and gives a good warranty.

Mark
    Mark